Saturday, June 13, 2015

Schoodic Peninsula

Yesterday when we went to Bass Harbor Lighthouse we didn't realize that were drove past our friend's Harry & Penny Saunders home. Bummer! I also forgot to mention a place where we had ice cream last night: Utter Heaven. Here is what they called there sizes. A small was called angel, medium was saint, and large was a sinner. Last night I was an angel and Ray was a saint. Today we decided to take the optional tour to Schoodic Peninsula. Bob from the Pine Tree A's led the tour. Since he was a local, he took us places that tourists don't know about. It was well worth the ride. Again spectacular views were every where! For lunch, we ate at the Pickled Wrinkle. I switched from lobster rolls to a eating crab roll. It was equally as good. Of course we had to try a pickled wrinkle. I personally didn't care for it but I don't like pickled food. I have posted a picture that describes what a pickled wrinkle is. The beer picture was in the ladies bathroom. The guy in the red coupe was our tour guide today. His Model A belonged to his Dad. So it was extra special to him as his Dad died when he was 8. Tomorrow we will head for Nova Scotia. The guys did some maintenance on Jim's car this afternoon. They put a new gasket on the exhaust manifold and repealed the manifold to the exhaust pipe. He had a minor exhaust leak. Ray retorqued the spark plugs on our coupe. Tom assisted Jim. I'm not sure if I will have Internet access in Canada. I will post if I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment