Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Back in the USA

Today was a travel day and travel is what we did, more than 350 miles. While I was a little bummed to leave New Brunswick without going to Nova Scotia, it was a rainy day, not good for sightseeing. We are in Maine again, outside of Wilton, the home of Bass Wejens shoes. I remember the penny loafers that I would have loved to have had when I was in high school. Getting back into the USA was not difficult but we did have to let them look in the rumble seat and answered a lot of questions. I think they were just curious. They did similar things when Jim and Tom & Betty came through behind us. I took a picture of Jim and Tom & Betty going through and one of the agents came over and nicely asked me not to photo the agents. I forgot to mention yesterday that Jim hit a bird and it broke his headlight lens. Of course Ray had a spare. Tom's door crank broke too but they were able to fix it. While Ray & Teri were lead car, there was a moose in the middle of the road. Naturally it ran into the woods and no one else saw it. There were some terrible pot holes on Route 6 and boy is that ever a lonely stretch of highway! One time Ray pulled over to let a trucker pass and he pulled over behind us. He was a car guy wanted to know about our cars. I took a picture of the inside of our car. We do have modern conveniences like the GPS and cell phone. The fan works as a dehumidifier if we are in a hard rain. There are a couple of interesting signs that are not normally seen in the US/

No comments:

Post a Comment